WHY WE EXIST?
To be the last mill crushing. WHY? To satisfy CUSTOMERS with quality products and service; to sustain GROWERS with fair and transparent interactions; to sustain EMPLOYEES with a safe and high spirited environment; to sustain SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES through job creation and poverty alleviation initiatives, and; to satisfy SHAREHOLDERS with sustainable profits.
To deliver a sustainable profit by selling quality products produced from a sustainable cane supply that sustains USM jobs in a safe environment, fosters team spirit and sustains indirect jobs and alleviates poverty in and around the Mtubatuba Local Municipality.
1. CANE QUALITY : to have the best cane quality of all South African the coastal mills.
2. CANE CRUSH : to crush at least 1.2 million tons in 36 weeks with an LTA of less than 6%.
3. SUGAR RECOVERY : to achieve a 93.5% sugar to RV ratio.
4. SUGAR BAGGED : to sell 80’000 tons of FSSC compliant sugar on the local market that is within customer specifications at optimum margins.
5. BUSINESS SYSTEMS : to ensure USM has the lowest cost per ton of sugar produced in South Africa through continuous improvement in asset management,LEAN manufacturing,automation and skills development.